The Webcomicker

Who watches the watchmen?

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A quick shout-out


The funny. From Mousewax.

I'm going to have a more interesting post up later tonight concerning Melonpool and the pros and cons of rebooting a comic, but I've got to get some work done before I can write it.

So until then, enjoy today's joke from Mousewax. Brandon Lewis claimed on his site that the joke was "too subtle", but it sure made me laugh.

I love the pacing of this strip. The setup is perfectly timed, and the joke in the fourth panel completely floors you because you're already chuckling from the joke in panel three, then Brandon "turns the amp up to 11", so to speak, by flipping it on its head.

Jesus calls Ann Coulter an enemy by using a quote from Rush Limbaugh. No matter which way you slice it, that's just funny. Well done, Brandon Lewis, well done.

I owe you a beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home