The Webcomicker

Who watches the watchmen?

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Updates!

Kind of a cop out post, but I'm feeling sick right now (you know how your mom always said to eat your vegetables to be strong? She was LYING. I'm on an all fruits and vegetables diet this week, I feel lousy. No, don't ask why I'm on an all fruits and vegetables diet. It's complicated.), and also Nanowimo owns me at the moment, so I don't really have the wherewithal to say anything salient.

Anyways, I have added a few more comics to my list. Here they are, in no particular order:
PandaXpress (which was eloquently reviewed by Willliam G)
No Room For Magic (a new comic by Adrian Ramos! Glee!)
Bolt City (home of Copper)
HOUSD

I've also added William G's Honest Webcomic Reviews to the webcomic related stuff. I like reading William G not necessarily because I agree with him, but because he's very critical. He's one of those old-school critics who really picks apart works in order to find fault with them rather than to trying to polish rocks into gemstones. It's really a fresh perspective, and makes you really want to examine things yourself. For instance, when I first read PandaXpress I was pretty much like "oooh, pretty drawings," and "haha English people are funny," and "laugh out loud at skater ninja." But his review on PandaXpress did raise quite a few issues with the comic that I had glossed over in my reading, and made me reconsider the work as a whole. And that's a good thing.

I'm sure I'll be talking about No Room For Magic at some future point, because Adrian Ramos is a GENIUS. He just rebooted the story, so nows a good time to start reading, kiddos.

Copper needs no review. Just go read it. Seriously... just go read it.

HOUSD will be getting a full out review from me soon, because it deserves it. Also because I've actually got what I feel to be some interesting things to say about it. So be on the lookout.

As for my other reads, I'm still working through Daily Dinosaur Comics and Dominic Deegan - Oracle for Hire. I put aside Arthur, King of Time and Space because it was really failing to hold my interest. I may never pick it up again. Someday I'll write up a list of comics that I started to read and stopped and post it up here, but that list will actually take some compilation time because there are a fair number.

2 Comments:

At 1:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Webcomicker,
Finding new people who are at the very least talking about PX! makes us here at PX! Headquaters giddy.
We appreciate honest critiques and salted beef. Probably in reverse order. Salted and dried beef is supreme food stuffs.

Thanks for the mention. The panda thanks you.

-PX!

 
At 2:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funnily enough, I like salted beef as well.

Anyway, I don't dig into comics to find fault. I feel that it's important to be made aware of why part of your potential audience may not be reading. How the creator decides to address that is an important part of the rock-to-gemstone polishing process. I feel it's more important than a thousand pats on the back.

In print, editors handle that job. There are no editors in webcomics, and thats why critics are important.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home