The Webcomicker

Who watches the watchmen?

Thursday, October 06, 2005

A brief comment

So, I was just perusing the WebcomicWiki (which seems to have have changed its name to simply Comixpedia.org, not to be confused with Comixpedia.com, which is the review site...). I actually was looking at their list of webcomics, and a thought struck my mind, so I went ahead and counted how many entries the list had.

And my suspicions were correct. The list contained 541 different comics. Now, in a recent interview, our good buddy Eric Burns of Websnark mentioned that he reads between 600-800 comics a day, which is a staggering number, but it becomes even more staggering when compared with the wiki. This means that on a daily basis Eric Burns reads more comics than the WebcomicWiki even has entries for! And this is the wiki that will include any webcomic, regardless of popularity, unlike the Wikipedia, which requires that a webcomic have a certain following before it can be included. That's insane.

Eric Burns truly is a man with too much time on his hands. I just thought I'd mention that.

2 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That number Eric Burns listed bowled me over too. I thought I read a lot, and I don't even have a hundred....

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger E. Burns said...

If you relisten to the interview, it's 250-300 a day, not six to eight hundred.

However, I honestly do have too much time on my hands.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home