The Webcomicker

Who watches the watchmen?

Saturday, November 12, 2005

And then my head exploded.

Ok, this is not a webcomics post, but I absolutely had to mention this somewhere. I am a huge fan of the Wikipedia and am often known to spend several hours a day browsing through articles via that blasted linking they do (invariably, in every article I read I find at least one link to another fascinating article, and there goes my evening)

Anyways, tonight I was reading about the study of history, and came across the article on Histiography. What is histiography? It's the study of the history of history. That is, the study of how history has been interpreted differently in various time periods.

That seems obtuse enough, but it popped into my mind that this article basically gives a history of the study of histiography. Meaning this article details the history of the study of the history of history.

And then I realized that I could click on a link at the top of the page to see this history of this article, which would be the history of the article on the history of the study of the history of history.

And then my head exploded.

1 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger tedzsee said...

this post is pretty much as close to awesome as anything i have ever read.

i am listening to Oliver Nelson's Blues and the Abstract Truth at the moment, which is about as close to awesome as anything i have ever heard.

ie. my head is exploding at the moment, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home