The Webcomicker

Who watches the watchmen?

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A tribute.


Celebration of a milestone from HOUSD.

So, HOUSD reached it's 1000th strip yesterday. Bravo. Bravo to Ali Graham for producing 1000 quality strips, and doing them on a 7 day a week basis. I don't know how he keeps it up.

But that's not what this post is about.

See, in reading the 1000th strip of HOUSD (go ahead, read it. Click on the picture to see the whole strip. I'll wait.), for some reason it just reminded me so much of Scott McCloud's infamous "story that could take any number of panels to tell," The Carl Comics. It was a theme he did quite a bit of experimentation with, so I think most people are familiar with it. If not, just follow the link and check out that crazy Carl.

So I got to thinking, "Hey, someone should do a Carl version of the HOUSD 1000th strip." Then I got to thinking, "Hey, why don't I do it?" So I did.

I present you with: CARLSD.

A tribute to Ali Graham for making it to 1000 strips, and a tribute to Scott McCloud for... um... being Scott McCloud, I guess.

Enjoy. Oh, and please don't sue me for stealing your art, Graham. I'm just trying to give you a tribute.

2 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Blogger tedzsee said...

now THAT is cool.

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh you are like sooo sued right now.
yeah very interesting concept indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home