The Webcomicker

Who watches the watchmen?

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Weird stuff going on

Ok, so my new posts seem to keep disappearing. I wrote a couple of fairly lengthy posts over the weekend, one about podcasts and one about Ctrl+Alt+Del: The Animation, and both of them have inexplicably gone away. I'm not sure right now if this is just a glitch in Blogger or if someone malicious has compromised my account (I'm inclined to think the former, since I haven't seen any defacing at all, just a few posts disappearing into the ether). In any case, I don't want to write anything major until the issue gets cleared up, so things might be quiet here for a few more days. I've been in contact with the Blogger help staff, and hopefully they'll be able to clear this whole thing up.

5 Comments:

At 5:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it's any help, I can attest that they have shown up for at least *some* time. I read the C-A-D post last night, about this time or so, and it's certainly now gone. If it's Blogger losing them, they were lost a significant amount of time after being correctly stored and available.

 
At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure you're not just making this up? Maybe you're erasing your posts to get some off time... Maybe you were not content with what you wrote and decided to erase it from existence... maybe you never even wrote those columns and it's just the government mind-testing you... Maybe I'm sad that I didn't get to read through the C-A-D post completely... yeah... that'd be it.

It really blows that your posts dissapear.

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I aw the CAD post as well. Blogger has been down for a while.

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They seem to be there, just not on the main page.

http://webcomicker.blogspot.com/
2006/02/ctrl-alt-del-animation.html

http://webcomicker.blogspot.com/
2006/02/various-random-things.html

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Gilead Pellaeon said...

Ok, so thanks to "anonymous" I was able to recover the posts and republish them. I have no idea why they disappeared in the first place. Of course, the earlier post was a rewrite of an even earlier post that disappeared, but whatever.

I'm still not too happy with Blogger right now, though. *shakes fist*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home