The Webcomicker

Who watches the watchmen?

Friday, July 21, 2006

Strike while the iron's hot.

Hello out there to anyone visiting from Starslip Crisis or Comixpedia, and welcome to The Webcomicker. This is my blog for writing about webcomics, the whole webcomics, and nothing but the webcomics.

Yes, I am quite the huge fan of webcomics, and my list of comics I read seems to be ever-expanding. If anybody out there has a comic they think I might like, feel free to email me and I'll give it a good, hard look, and most likely a review. I can't always promise the most timely reviews because I'm as mortal as the next man, but I will try.

I've really enjoyed dressing up as Memnon Vanderbeam for the Comicon this year, with my roommate playing Cutter. It's been great having people come up and ask me for pictures, and I've been able to tell quite a few of them about Starslip Crisis, which has been fun. I really should have gotten like a stack of Starslip flyers to hand out as I've been walking around, as there have been a lot of interested parties. It's been really great getting to talk to Kris Straub himself and getting to know all the Blank Label guys a little more. They really are a class act group of guys.

I've been blogging about my experiences at the con over at Comixpedia at the request of Xavier Xerxes, so be sure to head on over there and take a look. I think the con has given a lot of indicators that webcomics are taking over in a major way, and I comment a lot about that in my posts at Comixpedia. So be sure to check them out.

And after the con, I'll be back here at Webcomicker, faithfully blogging away whenever I have a free moment. I hope you all keep me in your feeds and check out what I'm writing, and leave some comments. After all, community is always a good thing.

Oh, and if you get confused about the whole "What's my name" thing, my real, legally binding name is Matthew Young. But I've honestly never liked that name and I try to go by Gilead Pellaeon whenever possible. I think it just fits me better.

4 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Gilead Pellaeon said...

You were just fine. And I was actually very interested to hear why you joined Keenspot. It made me think.

I was getting kind of sick of the lack of interesting questions on that panel. I mean, "If you could light anything on fire, what would it be?" How is that even relevant to anything?

 
At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that wig ended up looking ok. It's hard to see on the flickr photos, but the one on the starslip site shows it a little better.

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, you should have told me that you was you there in the Vanderbeam get-up.

(CW)TB

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Gilead Pellaeon said...

So you'd rather be named after a second rate Imperial Captain who happened to be at the right place when Thrawn was kicking ass??

Yep.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home