The Webcomicker

Who watches the watchmen?

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

It's kinda like listening to yourself on a tape recorder.



A funny quote by, well, me! From Mousewax

You know how whenever someone records your voice and then plays it back for you, you're always like "Man, I sound funny"?

I got that exact same feeling reading Mousewax today. You see, in today's comic he actually, word for word transcribed a quote of mine from my review of The Big Three-Oh. Look about halfway down. I guess I was kind of waxing eloquent when I wrote that statement about Mousewax, but man, it sounded a lot less funny when I was writing it than it comes out when Brandon is quoting it. I mean, "heavily distanced in many cases from anything that could be considered remotely close to his life"? I must have been really tired when I was writing that. I tend to get verbose and prosaic when I'm tired.

And then Brandon Lewis follows it up with a great gag in the last panel which lets us all know that if he really did write about what goes on in his life, it'd probably be pretty boring. And man, this comic had me laughing for a long time today. In fact, I'm still laughing every time I read it.

Obviously I'm biased since he quoted me, and the fanboy part of me is saying "OMG I got a quote in a webcomic! *squeal!*" But I still think it's pretty funny.

That's two beers I owe you now, Brandon. I hope you're a heavy drinker!

2 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This isn't the first time I've quoted you. I was quite happy with that very first review. :)

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Gilead Pellaeon said...

Heh, I never even noticed it that time because it was more subtle. That's still pretty awesome, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home