The Webcomicker

Who watches the watchmen?

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Quick Note

I want to talk about Count Your Sheep today. I mean, I really want to talk about Count Your Sheep today. But there's no time. Maybe around midnight tonight I'll have enough free time. Maybe.

Also, after about a month and a half's worth of reading I've finally finished the Goats archive. All I've got to say is... wow. I'm pretty sure that my fragile mind has been rent to shreds now. Goats is one bad mofo of a comic. Don't expect a review, I don't even know if it's possible to review Goats.

Lastly, I took about fifteen minutes of my day and picked up a new strip: Banished. It's done by Ryan Smith of Funny Farm fame, and Jamie Anderson, who I'd never heard of but apparently does a webcomic called The Destructive Tendencies of Us. It's a short archive, and it looks like it's got potential. Review upcoming.

Still on my reading list for the moment: Everything Jake, Pilli Adventure, and Silent Kimbly. I'll get to them as I have time.

4 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gilead,

I think those are amongst the kindest words ever said about Goats (found your page through one of those back-link tracking dealies). I'm glad you made it through the archive in one piece! Thanks for reading.

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, now I won't be able to do anything in the afternoon in anticipation of what you're going to say.

-adis!

hey... was that Jon Rosenberg?

 
At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been reading your news/reviews quite frequently. I'm more than happy to hear you've taken a liking to our burgeoning strip. :)

 
At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad one of the big critics has finally taken notice of the goodness that is Ryan Smith (that didn't quite so stalkerish in my head).

Might hope to see a few words about Funny Farm as well at some point? - even if it's archives cannot be consumed in fifteen minutes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home