The Webcomicker

Who watches the watchmen?

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

November

Ernest Hemmingway, patron saint of National Drunk Writing Night.

Things in my life are beginning to take hold. Like a dandelion blown by some innocent child, the pieces of my life have been aloft in the wind for the past month or so, but some of them are beginning to find their new ground and take root, which gives me hope. Give it a couple more weeks and perhaps I will find myself firmly rooted enough to beginning writing about and producing webcomics. You may not realize it, but I have sorely missed being able to update this blog. Something interesting happens and my id literally screams for me to open a new tab to Blogger.com, but the super-ego and ego put it in its place by firmly reminding me that I simply don't have the hour or so that it takes me to write an average post.

But soon. Soon I will return.

In the meantime, November means that once again it's NaNoWriMo time! Now don't get me wrong, I have no intention of trying to write a novel; I tried that last year when I actually had free time and only got a few thousand words in, but I do seem to recall an event from last year affectionately termed National Drunk Writing Night (NaDruWriNi, to be proper). And this year, I'm in!

Special thanks to Phil Kahn for cluing me in (via his blog) to the actual date of the event. I hope we can get as many webcomic critics as possible involved. I plan to be on instant messenger (a rarity for me) the entire time I'm writing, so be sure to stop by and say hello. I'll use Trillian to log in to AIM and MSN messenger, and I'll also have Google Talk open. Heck, I'll even pull out Skype for the occasion. My accounts in all places are simply GileadPellaeon (perhaps with appended @hotmail or @gmail), so it should be pretty easy for anyone who wants to chat to chat with me. I've been told I become very lucid when drunk.

See you all on Saturday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home