The Webcomicker

Who watches the watchmen?

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Sweet Mother of Mercy.

It's baaaaaaaack! From Elf Only Inn.

I've taken a bit of a break from webcomics recently in order to give myself a more firm grounding in the classics (more on that later), but I just had to mention this.

Elf Only Inn is back. After a two year hiatus, one of the classics in webcomics, and perhaps one of webcomics' most underrated strips, has returned.

The promotional image that Josh Sortelli put up seems to imply that the gang is going to be moving from it's original location on a chatroom to the realm of MMORPGs. Which makes sense, really. MMORPGs have become today what chatrooms were five years ago: a place to hang out, make friends, and pretend that you are cool. What better place for the motley crew of Elf Only Inn to be?

There is one thing that worries me, though. For those of you that have been fans of Elf Only Inn for awhile, do you notice anyone conspicuously absent from that picture?

Woot! Where is Lord Wootsayediditagyn?! I can only hope that this is just a tease by Sortelli, because an Elf Only Inn without Woot would be a sad thing indeed. In any case, I look forward to seeing where this goes.

8 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Myth said...

Whoa. I almost can't believe it. That's awesome!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Kneefers said...

YEEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAW!!!!!
YES! YES! YES! YES!
I *LOVES* ME SOME ELF-ONLY-INN AND NOW IT'S COMING BAAAAAAAACK! YAAAAAAAY!!!
*Ahem*
...hehe. *Blush*
I... uh. Yeah. I felt physically sick when EOI stopped updating. It was one of my very favorites.
...and if there is no Lord W00t, I will... well, I don't know what I'll do, but.... yeah. I'll be very upset.
Heh.
_Kneef

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Mr K said...

I saw this on 8:1.Awesome.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Myth said...

I believe Woot will still be around... in some form. It sounded like he had something secret in store for him.

 
At 3:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HURRAH!

*moves from "Old Comics" to "Comics 1"

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, I doubt he'd get rid of Woot, since he uses him as his avatar every which place.

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oK only if rpg world returns that would be great.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Kneefers said...

Amen, algeya. That was a great strip too, and it's just as dead. But maybe it can be revived!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home