The Webcomicker

Who watches the watchmen?

Thursday, January 19, 2006

More Updates

Ah, the joy which is the beginning of the semester. Lot's of free time for reading webcomics. As such, three more to add to my reading list:

Candi
Girl Genius
Inside the Box

Candi got reviewed by William G, but I think he deleted all his stuff, so I'll give it a review as well. Suffice to say, it's kinda like a high-energy Questionable Content with more sexual escapades.

Girl Genius, I think most people know, is a comic which was originally in print and then switched to the web as the primary means of distribution, with at least moderate success (by which I mean, they still do it that way). Right now they are reprinting their old volumes in a MWF schedule as Girl Genius 101 and also putting up new ones on a MWF schedule as Girl Genius Advanced. Because of my intense distaste for reading things out of order I'm just following the 101 storyline right now, but I anticipate at some point I'll get tired of waiting and buy the collected volumes so I can get into the Advanced Class and get caught up to the cutting edge.

As for Inside the Box, it is The Far Side. It's not "inspired by" The Far Side, it's not an homage to The Far Side, it's not even a ripoff of The Far Side. It is The Far Side. It's like Gary Larson got tired of all the publicity and pretended to end his comic, then started anonymously doing it online instead. If you liked The Far Side, you will like Inside the Box.

This is kind of a copout post, and I feel sorry for the lack of meaty commentary lately, so I promise later tonight I'll get a post up about Popcorn Picnic and Joey Manley's Tips to Success! So stay tuned.

4 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://cheston.com/pbf/archive.html

hilarious, if i may say so

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I just read about a month's worth of the the early strips from "Candi". Thanks for the suggestion1 They were hilarious! She's got that art world at a university nailed down. its almost exactly like my freshman year at UIUC art school.

 
At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://doyourowndamnedcheerleading.blogspot.com/2005/11/seeking-candi-on-shore-lost-her.html

Here. Not deleted, just not linked on the main page.

 
At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With clickable links this time

 

Post a Comment

<< Home