The Webcomicker

Who watches the watchmen?

Friday, April 07, 2006

I mean, come on! It's a SEAT in the SHOWER!


Truer words have never been spoken. From Real Life.

This is why I read Real Life. This is why I've stuck with it through the server issues, website crashes, hiatuses due to moving and culinary school. I read Real Life because deep down, I can relate to Greg Dean.

I'm pretty sure Greg (at least, the comic version of him) and I think very similarily. He tends to get excited about the same quirky things I get excited about. In fact, I think the last time I put up a post about Real Life here it was for much the same reason as this post, except at that time it was in relation to 80's residential architecture.

This time, it's about seats in the shower. And I am one-hundred percent in agreement with Greg in this comic. Having a seat in the shower is AWESOME. I don't know why. And it's not really because of the convenience of being able to sit down while you get clean. I've never really been a fan of baths or jacuzzis or anything. But there's something about sitting in the shower, letting the water fall on your head and run down your body that's just so soothing, so relaxing...

Sometimes I sit on the floor in the shower, but it's just not the same. If you want to change the angle of the showerhead or the temperature of the water, it's this huge long ordeal to struggle to get back up to standing again, and then to get back down on the floor without breaking your neck.

I also tried buying one of those "shower stools", but they're all of cheap quality and break pretty quickly, plus they're not very comfortable to sit on. At one point I was using a metal fold-up chair, which actually worked pretty well except I needed some place to store it or I'd have to explain to everyone who ever used my bathroom why I had a folding metal chair in my shower.

But a shower with a built-in bench for sitting. Man, that'd be sweet. When I buy a house, that's going to be like the first remodeling job I undertake.

I'm jealous of you, Greg Dean. You'd better take advantage of that seat while you've got it. I know I'd be taking like five showers a day.

2 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Mr K said...

there is something subtly brilliant about the concept....

 
At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have done that. I used this:

http://www.ma-vux.com/MCPortfolio/Directory/Multiples/Jpg/chair2.JPG

LAZY

Maritza
CRFH.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home