The Webcomicker

Who watches the watchmen?

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Updates + A quick note on minor coincidences... of awesomeness.

I don't know if you've been following The Biggest Webcomic Loser (you should be), but it recently switched to an automated script for putting up comics, which makes Philippe Gaboury's life a lot easier.

Anyways, it was my turn on Friday, so I dutifully posted a comic, and it just so happens my comic ended up being big number 100. This has caused me no small amount of personal pleasure. 100 comics has always seemed like a fairly major benchmark in terms of legitimacy for webcomics (like, if the comic makes it to 100, that means it's been at least good enough to keep the creator's interest). So even though it's not a huge deal, it means Biggest Webcomic Loser is moving along, and I've been an active participant. So that's cool.

Now, as for what I've been reading. Some new comics to add to the list:
I've mentioned Goats, Banished, Silent Kimbly, and Press Start to Play before, but somehow they never actually made it onto my "official list" here at the site, so they've been added.

Killer Robots From Space: What do killer robots from space do when they're not actively killing? Stand around the water cooler and shoot the breeze, just like everyone else, of course! This strip is very much the Seinfeld of killer robot strips. I'll probably post a full review at some point.

Toyzville: A comic strip about the town where unwanted toys go to live. This strip has kind of a "Toy Story" feel going on, except without the annoying "we've got to act normal when humans are around" plot device. This is another one I plan on giving a full review at some point.

I'm still wading through the archives of Everything Jake. That strip has occasion to get weird. I've also added to my reading list the delightful comic Unshelved. I'm sad to say that Pilli Adventure got dropped without comment because I didn't care for it.

3 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im sad too, sorry if my comic wasnt cool enough to pick your interest ,
I promess to work twice as hard to make a cool comic even if my hand and my brain melts in the process, until Im worthy
of mention

and then I can jump the wall to separate with the rest of the wanabees , Now im going to a journey to find my real art

until then thanks for your little comment it opened my eyes I cant follow this path i have to find other paths to follow

THANKS FOR ALL

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch, as I get tired of writing Banished! and quit in a year. ;)

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder why Pilli got dropped.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home