The Webcomicker

Who watches the watchmen?

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Huh. I guess he DIDN'T die.

I believe I mentioned on this blog at one point in time that the reality of the Hurricanes in New Orleans didn't really hit me until I was checking Fantasy Realms and I saw a post by Clay Gardener, the artist, a few days before Katrina hit mentioning that a hurricane was bearing down on him, and then no posts made after Katrina had passed. It just struck me that, hey, this guy might have actually died in the hurricane and resulting flood. And that was a weird feeling. Upon checking the forums I discovered that he did in fact survive (and was most likely never in any real danger), but still, Fantasy Realms didn't update. They just left that ominous newspost at the top of the page for months and months. It was as if even though the hurricanes hadn't killed them, they had killed the site.

Well, I'm happy to announce that Fantasy Realms is BACK. I mentioned this in my previous post because I actually discovered this while writing the post. So we can all look forward to more great artwork and hopefully some actual advancment in the storyline as the weeks go by.

Hooray!

2 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You, dear sir, are going to be the death of my webcomic if I start reading every good thing you point out. I'm not even out of Dinosaur Comics' 2004 run and you bring me THIS?!?

How am I supposed to manage?

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Gilead Pellaeon said...

Well, the good news is that Fantasy Realms only has about a fifty page archive and only updates once a week at most, so they're pretty easy to keep up with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home